The age old question, what is the proper usage of h1-h5 hierarchy on your website. Many times H1 tags are not used, but should be. Search spiders specifically look for this on every page. Properly placing the h1 tags is essential.
What do I do with my h1 tags?
Our suggested approach is to locate them on your page where your logo should go.
So, let say your logo is on the top left corner. Go ahead and add your h1 tags.
<h1> Select set of keywords </h1>
Where is the trick?
Go to your stylesheet and edit your h1 tags like the following:
This will make sure the only thing visible is the logo image. The spiders will still view your text, and those keywords will get the most prominance.
A great sample site is ” Social Media Sensing” – Test those keywords in google and check what results you receive.
Test it on your website, is a great small fix that can save you tons of money on your SEO campaign.
You can also use our h1 Tag SEO Optimizer plugin for WordPress
Related articles by Zemanta
- What is SEO? (lazerpromotions.com)
- How SEO can help grow your business (globalthoughtz.com)
- SEO Is Very Crucial For Your Online Shopping Blog (ronmedlin.com)
- Learn How To Do SEO (ronmedlin.com)
- 5 Ways to Write Content that Sticks (fathomseo.com)
- SEO Mistake: Waiting Too Long To Worry About SEO (domainmacher.com)
- The Disadvantages Of Some SEO Services And The Damage They Can Do To Your Website (encourageblogging.com)